Thursday, February 18, 2010

Endurance

What is the meaning of endurance? Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary states that endurance is the continuation in the same state; the ability to withstand hardship or stress. If this is the dictionary’s meaning then what is God’s meaning of endurance.

“The Lord is good and his love endures forever;


his faithfulness continues through all generations.”


Psalm 100:5NIV

Wow! His love endures forever! How incrediable is that? It’s hard to imagine that we can endure through anything. But imagine how God deals with it everyday. He sent His only son to die on a cross for you, didn’t He? So, how then is it so hard for us to believe we can endure anything. We can you know.

God has given us the strength and capabilities to do all things through Him. It doesn’t matter how hard it is. If we just trust in Him then He will make it possible. How then can we learn to trust God?

We can learn to trust Him by giving our hearts over to Him. Come on! I know you want to. You would not be reading my blog if you didn’t have the desire to trust in Him. Give God a chance. He gave you the best chance of all.

You know I wonder how God must have felt to give His only son up. I lost my son a few years ago. I can tell you the emotions are impecable. Always wondering what you son is doing when He can not be here. The thought just blows my mind. Could you give up your only son so sinners could mock and scold Him? I couldn’t and I wouldn’t. Yet, God did!

Thank goodness He did. We would not be here had it not been for His only son who died on that horrible blood stained cross. Could you bare the cross?

Have you really ever thought about the steps Christ must have taken while carrying the cross upon His back? The heaviness, the blood that ran down His face and hands. The sweat that poured from walking the distance He walked. Just think, was it easy for Him?

I don’t think so. I think it might have even been harder than the Bible really describe. We are really only getting half a picture. Yet, He endured it! So, why is it so hard for us to endure the hard things of life?

I know in my own life sometimes the weight feels more than I can bare. Nevertheless, I have to put my trust in God that all will be o.k. I am reminded of a verse that talks about enduring it all. That we can do anything through Him.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13 NKJV

God give us the strength to handle any of life’s difficulties. Rather it be our health issues, loss of job  or whatever it may be. God’s got you! His strength sustains you and brings you peace.

Isn’t interesting that whatever we are going through God can bring us safely through it. It doesn’t matter what we need as He supplies it.

“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19 NKJV

God loves us. He wants for us to be happy. Yet at times we must endure things that may seem difficult. Nevertheless, He provides us with strength to overcome those difficulties.

Finally, I want to send you this God! This God is can give us strength and endurance to overcome anything.

“I am sending him to you for this very purpose, that he may know your circumstances and comfort your hearts…” Colossians 4:8 NKJV

Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”



No comments:

Post a Comment