Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Direct My Path in the New Year


These are just a few of the things I desire to change in the New Year. God wants us to correct those things in our life that are not horning to Him. Take a moment to begin thinking about those things that need changing in the New Year. Get your notebook out and start making a list. The only way to change it is to acknowledge that it needs to be changed!

It is time to get those note pads out and start making your list. Listing all the things you want to change in 2010! I have made a list of a few things I would like to change in 2010. Here is my list!

• Love God more!
• Memorize scripture!
• Be an example to those around me that may not know Christ!


God disciplines us when we need disciplining. He will speak to our hearts when we need speaking too! God challenges us to seek Him with all of our hearts! Still, there are times in our walk with God that we need to be corrected. I like how the writer put these verses in the New Living Translation.

 
“I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.” Jeremiah 10:23,24NLT

It is so true that we would want the discipline from the Lord just not the severity of it! We would rather that God would be “gentle” with us. Gentle just as the writer states it. Still, we do not know how God will ultimately discipline us. It is in His own agenda that He does this. Yet, no matter how much He disciplines us, He still loves us! He loves us no matter what we have done. He desires so much for us to walk with Him!

So, as the New Year approaches begin to pray, and ask God what He would desire for us to change in our lives. Once you are done, put in on paper, and sit back and watch as God begins to mold you into that person He desires you to be! Start your New Year in the direction God would have you go. Happy New Year! God Bless!



1 comment:

  1. It is always good to set goals and tangibly write them down. If you are starting on a diet, I find it so much easier to set a weekly goal or a monthly goal then to look at the big picture (and in my case...the BIG picture). I know God would be happy to see us set little goals too as long as we are headed on a right path to be closer to Him. Pretty picture here and perfect subject! Christine...keep going! 2010 is Your Year!

    ReplyDelete