Monday, November 2, 2009

Does God Really Hear Our Prayers

God are you listening to me?... I don’t think that you are! Where are you?...Are you really there? These are the thoughts and questions we think of when troubles and tragedies strike our lives. So, ho w do we really know God hears our prayers?

Psalms 102:1-7 speaks of it well as the writer prays his prayer carefully to the Lord. You will notice how the writer is torn with affliction that has been placed upon his life. Even still, he is convinced that the Lord is really there and will hear his verb rant prayer!

“Lord, hear my prayer; let my cry for help come before You. Do not hid Your face from me in my day of trouble listen closely to me; answer me quickly when I call. For my days vanish like smoke, and my bones burn like a furnance. My heart is afflicted, withered like grass;I even forget to eat my food. Because of the sound of my groaning, my flesh sticks to my bones. I am like a desert owl, like an owl among the ruins. I awake; I am like a solitaru bird on a roof.”
Psalms 102:1-7 HCSB

Many of us feel just like that writer at times when we have become so engulfed in our own affliction and trials of everyday life. I know I have found myself just like this writer several times! I felt hopeless, and wondering why I must go through these trials I face alone! Why must I feel overwhelmed?

However, I promise you that it is not what God wants for us to feel! He really is there listening to our every need! It may not always be our timing on when He will decide to answer our prayers! Nevertheless, they are answered.

Our prayers are often like a garden. We have taken the time to gather the right soil to plant the seed. Water it and fertilize it. Wait and watch for it to grow! So then, how is this like our prayers? Our prayers are very much like the garden and as we gather the soil or the prayers we intend on praying. We then plant the seed, praying them to God. Just like the garden, we must tend our garden with prayer and waiting, the watering and fertilizing. We then receive an answer, the flower that bloomed!

Sometimes, those flowers may grow slowly and with much time; but other times, they will grow almost instantly! However, in those times when God’s answer to us is a definite “NO” we must understand there is a good reason for it! We may not know that reason right away but we must allow God to work in our lives. Allow Him the opportunity to show us the reason!

It is funny sometimes, how God chooses to work in our life! We just never know what He has in store for us. Although, some will be disappointed that God has chosen to say no while others will just feel a sigh of relief! I know this to be true in my own prayer life. I have seen those moments when God gave me a definite “NO” and wondered why? Only to learn later in my life that those reasons were the very thing that changed my life! So, I can tell you listen to the answer whatever the answer may be. Even though those choices may not be what we want out of life they are what we need!

Listening to God wills us to build a better relationship with Him and to know He really does love us! He wants to help us through our trials. He wants for us to trust Him in everything! So then, will you allow Him the opportunity to show you the direction He wants for your life? That is the question we must ask ourselves!

Many of you reading this blog will have asked the question of that possibility! You may even be questioning your Faith! Nevertheless, Hebrews 11:1 gently reminds us that Faith
is not always what we see! Many of times, it is the things we do not see that teaches us the most! Let us look at Hebrews now!

“Now Faith is the reality of what is hoped for, the proof of what is not seen.”
Hebrews 11:1 HCSB

In other words, there are times when the answers to those prayers are standing right in front of us but we can’t see them! We are too blinded from the circumstances and troubles in which we
lie. Sometimes, we need to step away from those things which bind us and let God direct you back to where you need to be!

At last when you do, you will not believe the blessing you will discover. The things that you have missed from failing to let God be in control of your life! He wants so much for you to know and understand that He really is there listening to you! It is you that needs to listen to Him!


I pray that this devotion has been a good one, and has helped you to grow in your walk with Him! Furthermore, I challenge you to listen closely to the voice of God and know when he has answered your prayers. Maybe, it would help you to write “A.P.” on your calendar every time God has answered a prayer! This will help you in two ways. It will help to see that He has “Answered a Prayer,” and to set a time line to know when God will answer “no” you see why he answered no! I hope this will be an encouragement to you this week!

Blessed To Write,
Christine M Ramey

No comments:

Post a Comment